Beef Roast And Mushroom Stuffing
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 lbs flank steak
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsps vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 oz. mushroom pieces, drained, chopped
1/2 cup parsley; chopped
2 tsps chives, chopped
1 tsp tomato paste
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
3 bacon strips, cubed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 cup beef broth, hot
2 tsps tomato catsup
- Lightly salt and pepper flank steak. Spread one side with mustard.
- To prepare stuffing, heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add mushroom pieces, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, chives, tomato paste, and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper and paprika.
- Spread stuffing on mustard side of the flank steak, roll up jelly-roll fashion and tie with thread or string.
- To prepare gravy, cook bacon in a Dutch oven until partially done. Add the meat roll and brown on all sides, approximately 10 minutes. Add onions and saute‚ for 5 minutes. Pour in the beef broth, cover Dutch oven, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove meat to a preheated platter.
- Season pan juices with mustard. Salt and pepper to taste; stir in catsup. Serve the gravy separately.