Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired, just before serving.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup long-grain white rice
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 cups water
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
1/8 tsp ground saffron
1 1/2 cups loose-packed frozen peas
1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook on each side until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet.
- Add mushrooms, rice, onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown. Combine water and bouillon in liquid measuring cup; stir into rice mixture.
- Add herb seasoning and saffron. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in peas and roasted pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture into 4 individual casserole dishes; top each with a chicken breast. Cover with foil; freeze for up to 4 months.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 1 hour or until heated through.
- (Or, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH power, rearranging once. Microwave 8 to 10 minutes for 1 casserole and 13 to 16 minutes for 2 casseroles.)