3 cups rice
6 center-cut pork loin chops, 1/2 " thick
2 egg yolks, beaten
3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 cup oil
2 Tbsps butter or margarine
1/2 lb. mushrooms, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Rinse and drain rice. Bring rice and 1 3/4 cups water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season chops to taste with salt and pepper. Dip chops in egg yolks mixed with 2 tablespoons water, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in large skillet, add chops, fry 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Cut meat from chops in strips and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add mushrooms and onion and saute until tender. Add meat and blend in soy sauce and broth. Bring to boil.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture. Cook until eggs are firm. Place meat and egg mixture over the rice.