Grilled spiced lamb chops with aubergine puree, yoghurt, mint, coriander and chili. This is a fabulous way to spice up an old favourite, to impress a loved one or simply to indulge yourself.
8 lamb chops - French trimmed
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp aniseed
1/2 tsp peppercorns
1 long red chilli finely chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp mint finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
Juice of half a lemon
Extra virgin olive oil
5 tbsp of natural yoghurt
Rocket leaves for garnish
Lemon for serving
- Grill one aubergine over an open flame until quite black. (This will give the aubergine puree a wonderful smoky flavour.)
- Put this and the other aubergine in a preheated oven (200c) and cook until soft.
- Pound the spices in a pestle and mortar until coarsely crushed. Coat the lamb chops in the spice mix and season with salt. Then place on a hot grill and grill for three minutes each side.
- Remove the skins from the aubergine and puree with a squeeze of lemon, a little olive oil, and salt and pepper. Add the chopped chilli, mint and coriander to the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the aubergine puree on two plates, and add the lamb chops. Add a good dollop of the spiced yoghurt mix, a drizzle of olive oil and garnish with some rocket leaves and lemon halves.