Macaroni Cheese 2
2 cups chicken broth
3 cups heavy cream
1-1/2 Tbsp. butter
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound rotelle pasta
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 pound gouda cheese, shredded
1/4 pound gruyere or swiss cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and butter a 13x9" baking dish.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan and reduce to 3/4 cup over high heat.
- Bring the cream to a boil in another large heavy saucepan and reduce it to 2 cups. Don't skip this step or the finished dish will not be thick enough.
- Melt the butter in another large heavy saucepan and cook onions and garlic until translucent and tender.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
- Add the reduced cream and reduced broth to the onions, then add the mustard, cheddar, gouda and gruyere cheeses and whisk until melted and blended.
- Add the seasonings. Add the pasta and mix well.
- Spoon into the baking dish, top with Parmesan cheese, and bake it at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes