Mediterranean Egg Bake
A standard breakfast dish served for supper can be a nice change in the routine.
2 tablespoons Butter
1 medium (1 cup) red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
1 1 /2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed, stems removed, torn
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 ounces (1/2 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
1 medium (1 cup) tomato, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling, add bell pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened (3 to 4 minutes).
- Stir in spinach. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted (1 to 2 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine milk, eggs, garlic salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in cheese and cooked vegetables. Pour egg mixture into greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set in center and edges are lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato and basil in small bowl. Spoon over top of egg bake. To serve, cut into wedges.