1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 lb. feta cheese
6 oz. cottage cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 lb. phyllo pastry sheets
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Saute onion in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add spinach. Simmer over a low flame, stirring occasionally until most of moisture is evaporated.
- Crumble feta cheese into small pieces. Add cottage cheese and eggs; mix well.
- Toss bread crumbs into spinach mixture and add to cheese. Stir until blended.
- Carefully cut phyllo sheets into thirds. Refrigerate 2/3 until needed and cover remaining third with a slightly damp towel. Remove 1 sheet of phyllo pastry, fold in half lengthwise. Brush with melted butter. Place 1 tablespoon of spinach filling near the end. Fold over in triangle shape. Continue folding like a flag, keeping triangular shape. Lightly butter top. Continue with remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake in a 425 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.