Valentine Chocolate Truffles
Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks... if you can.
Serves: 2 obviously
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
1-1/2 teaspoons instant-coffee crystals
1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
1/4 cup butter, sifted
- In a bowl, combine whipping cream, Irish cream liqueur and coffee liqueur. Stir in the instant-coffee crystals; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat; gradually stir in cream mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover tightly and chill in refrigerator about 2 hours or until completely cool and smooth, stirring occasionally. Mixture will be slightly sticky.
- Shape tablespoons of candy into balls. Roll each in cocoa powder. Place on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until firm.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you like, roll in additional cocoa powder before serving.