Wasabi Snow Peas
Serve as an appetizer
24 fresh snow peas
1/2 cup dry curd cottage cheese
1 Tbsp Neufchatel cheese, softened
1/2 tsp prepared wasabi or horseradish
- Trim ends from snow peas. Arrange snow peas in a vegetable steamer. Plunge steamer into boiling water, and remove immediately. Place in a bowl of ice water to cool quickly.
- Remove from water; cover and chill.
- Using a knife blade in your food processor, add cottage cheese, Neufchatel cheese and wasabi. Process 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Using a sharp knife , carefully slit 1 side of each pea pod. Spoon cheese mixture into a decorating bag, fitted with a #32 tip. Pipe mixture evenly into each snow pea.
- Cover snow peas and refrigerate up to 4 hours.